Monday, June 16, 2008

Poultry Days

So Jess drops off us the next day to catch our ride, and we make him pretty late for work in the process (sorry again!). The Asheville players who came down were really cool to pack us in pretty tight for the ride up to Versailles. They also convinced that I want to do a lot of hanging out in Asheville. It sounds like a Fayetteville-like area in North Carolina, except the mountains are bigger. So we arrive in Versailles at my first Poultry Days, which I had no clue was also a town festival with carnival rides and food and delicious chicken dinners on Saturday night after games. Bowers and I rode some rides that almost got the better of our stomachs, but we managed to not ralph on each other... yet... The camping was pretty good, too. It only rained the first night, and for some reason I was in Scott Brown's tent which we fucked up right before going to bed and so got a little wet. The second night I made it to my tent, and it didn't even rain that night, but I still woke up wet and in a puddle... that's so strange...

I got to play with UPS, I think for the first time ever, which was very cool. I already miss playing with every person on that team... except for Scott Brown. Ha, yust yoking, but he is a broken like he's on the mark lookin ass!!! That kiddie pool fucked that kid up! I'll see you in Tulsa though, I just bet... Thank you, Jon, for picking me up. I got that $30 for you somewhere, I think it fell out of my pocket on the ride or something...

So the tourney came to an end and we snagged a ride back to Highland Heights from a scrumptralescent (and I only use that name for very few folks) dude named Kevin, who happened to grow up about 5 minutes from my aunt's house. He has been away for a while in the service, but lives right above San Diego now and came back to visit his family and go to Poultry Days. It turns out he actually went to grade school with another cousin of mine (once or twiced removed) who I haven't had the chance to meet yet. Thanks for not only the ride, but for the shoes, too. They are perfect retro, purple and blue, Oasis tennis shoes. I swear I had a smaller version when I was a kid. Until now I've only had the bike cleats, which are getting pretty roughed up, so the shoes really saved my ass!

We made it back to my aunt's house and had a great taco night and promptly passed out only to wake up too late to get where were gonna go today. So, were gonna chill one more night before taking off to the bourbon trail tomorrow. I at least had time to catch up on my blog today, which has been a long time coming. I need to get a lot of pictures on this thing so I gotta quit writing, but keep checking and hopefully I wont wait a week before posting. Peace!

3 comments:

April said...

winner winner chicken dinner

Unknown said...

gimme somemora pics!

Mark Sitton said...

I think it would be cool to ride a rickshaw across the country, taxiing people along the way, making money with tips. I'll do it when my knees are bad and I can't run anymore!